Hello and welcome The Writing Apothecary Podcast.
I started this podcast to help writers gain more knowledge about the writing world and how to better their novels.
I found that with my plethora of degrees I wanted to find a way to help writers learn how to better their writing with tips, tricks and hacks and everything in between when it came to writing. I want to help you get the most out of your story.
On the podcast, I have amazing interviews with aspiring authors, readers and published authors alike, in an array of different genres to give you a perspective that is different from your own.
The Podcast is set up in themes.
Each month we’ll focus on something different within the writing parameters with the opportunity to follow more. The podcasts are bite-sized with loads of fun sheets, great tidbits and how-to’s to help you out with all of your writing needs.
The month is structured into 3 theory lessons and one amazing guest interview where we chat about the topic and anything else that comes to mind. Writer’s veer off course all the time and you’ll be able to see just how we get back on course.
Each week there will be show notes that will all be collated down below for convenience and ease of navigation.
I’d love for you to leave me a review on your preferred choice of podcast listening app. I want to help get this podcast out to writer of all ages, all levels and most of all genders and race.
If you’ve got a topic for me to cover, send me a post-it note to: hello(at)dreamingfullyawake(dot)com If you’re looking to be a guest on the podcast, fill out the following form and I’ll get back to you in seven business days with a meetup time to see if you’d fit into our schedule.
Be sure to follow the podcast over on instagram too: @thewritingapothecary for sneak peeks and snippets of the show.
You can find us over on: Apple Podcast, Spotify, Google Podcast, Overcast, Castro, Castbox, Podfriend, Podcast Addict, Podchaser, Pod Casts and Podcast Index.
- Episode 000 – Intro to the Writing Apothecary
- Episode 001 – Intro into Writing Practice
- Episode 002 – Tools for a healthy writing practice
- Episode 003 – Journal Writing vs Writing Practice
- Episode 004 – The effects of a healthy Writing Practice
- Episode 005 – Welcome to Voice
- Episode 006 – The Types of Voice
- Episode 007 – Other ways to use voice
- Episode 008 – Interview with YA Fantasy Author Peta Hawker
- Episode 009 – Welcome to Setting
- Episode 010 – Setting: Time and Place
- Episode 011 – Setting and Character
- Episode 012 – Interview with Urban Fantasy Author Andrew Irvine
- Episode 013 – Welcome to Character
- Episode 014 – Characters: Desire and the Human Complex
- Episode 015 – Characters: Getting to know them
- Episode 016 – Interview with UF Author Ru Tripodi
- Episode 017 – Intro into Point of View
- Episode 018 – POV: First, second and third person
- Episode 019 – POV: Distance and Focalisation
- Episode 020 – Interview with Writer and Photographer Av
- Episode 021 – Welcome to Plot
- Episode 022 – Plot: Drama, real life and the plot steps
- Episode 023 – Plot: The Structure
- Episode 024 – Plot: An Interview with YA Urban Fantsy Writer Sarah Wendt
- Episode 025 – Intro into Dialogue
- Episode 026 – Dialogue: Conventions, indirect and direct dialogue
- Episode 027 – Bad writing and character
- Episode 028 – Interview with romance, fantasy and sci-fi writer Alyce Johnson
- Episode 029 – Welcome to Genre
- Episode 030 – Genre: Fantasy, Romance and Mystery
- Episode 031 – Genre: Sci-fi, Horror and Thriller